What is Our Mailbox?
Our Mailbox is a tool that fosters mother-child communication in the context of domestic violence. It can be used by women and children during or after their stay at a shelter.
There are five specific objectives:
- To break the silence on domestic violence;
- To create a safe space for women and children to communicate with each other;
- To encourage women and children to express their emotions;
- To emphasize the positive aspects of their relationships;
- To empower women and children.